Sunday, November 24, 2013

Deep Conditioning & $$$

Hey guys so this week has been crazy for me! I was extremely busy working long hours and getting little sleep! I'm trying to save up for my rent that's due in January because I will not be working during that month, plus I have other things I need to do with my money! But todays post is going to be about my deep conditioning!! Ever since I got to school I noticed I have not been caring for my hair as much as I would like. So after watching some YouTube videos on deep conditioning and looking in my pocket books I decided to purchase two products to start better taking care of my hair!
 
 
 
Suave Coconut Conditioner: I purchased this product (even though its on the , more watery side and usually for deep conditioners you want something with a thicker consistency), because I have had experience using this product before in the past as a leave in conditioner and it left my hair feeling moisturized and soft. The price wasn't bad and it smells really good!
 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil(Great Value): I originally went into Wal-Mart looking for some extra virgin coconut oil , but all I saw was pure, refined coconut oil. I decided to go ahead and get this because I just needed an oil to seal in the moisture and I also like to add oil before I apply my conditioner. This I have to say definitely got the job done! I really like the way it made my hair feel in conjunction with the conditioner! The smell is okay, once I put on my conditioner, though I could barely smell the olive oil!
 
 
My Deep Conditioning Routine!
  1. Started off with freshly co-washed hair ( I used Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner)
  2. Wrapped my hair in a towel and squeezed out excess water
  3. Parted my hair in four sections and added a generous amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on each section from root to tip
  4. After I applied the olive oil, I added in my Suave Coconut conditioner being careful NOT to apply it to my roots, and really concentrating on my ends
  5. Then I reapplied my oil mostly concentrating on my ends and detangled and plaited my hair
  6. Lastly I put on a shower cap and went to bed. The next morning I rinsed it all out and my hair was so soft and it felt very moisturized! 
**I will be doing this routine every Friday from now on. I definitely like the results!!**
 
Conditoner $2, Oil $2, The way my hair felt after Deep conditioning, PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment